Sunday, November 20, 2005

never drink and drive

>Jenny was so happy about the house they had found. For once in her >life 'twas on the right side of town. She unpacked her things with >such great ease. As she watched her new curtains blow in the breeze. >How wonderful it was to have her own room. School would be starting; >she'd have friends over soon. There'd be sleep-overs, and parties; >she was so happy It's just the way she wanted her life to be. On the >first day of school, everything went great. She made new friends and >even got a date! She thought, "I want to be popular and I'm going to >be, Because I just got a date with the star of the team!" To be >known in this school you had to have clout, And dating this guy >would sure help her out. There was only one problem stopping her >fate. Her parents had said she was too young to date. "Well I just >won't tell them the entire truth. They won't know the difference; >what's there to lose?" Jenny asked to stay with her friends that >night. Her parents frowned but said, "All right." Excited, she got >ready for the big event But as she rushed around like she had no >sense, She began to feel guilty about all the lies, But what's a >pizza, a party, and a moonlight ride? Well the pizza was good, and >the party was great, But the moonlight ride would have to wait. For >Dan was half drunk by this time. But he kissed her and said that he >was just fine. Then the room filled with smoked and Dan took a puff. >Jenny couldn't believe he was smoking that stuff. Now Dan was ready >to ride to the point But only after he'd smoked another joint. They >jumped in the car for the moonlight ride, Not thinking that he was >too drunk to drive. They finally made it to the point at last, And >Dan started trying to make a pass. A pass is not what Jenny wanted >at all (and by a pass, I don't mean playing football.) "Perhaps my >parents were right....maybe I am too young. Boy, how could I ever, >ever be so dumb." With all of her might, she pushed Dan away: >"Please take me home, I don't want to stay." Dan cranked up the >engine and floored the gas. In a matter of seconds they were going >too fast. As Dan drove on in a fit of wild anger, Jenny knew that >her life was in danger. She begged and pleaded for him to slow down, >But he just got faster as they neared the town. "Just let me get >home! I'll confess that I lied. I really went out for a moonlight >ride." Then all of a sudden, she saw a big flash. "Oh God, Please >help us! We're going to crash!" She doesn't remember the force of >impact. Just that everything all of a sudden went black. She felt >someone remove her from the twisted rubble, And heard, "call an >ambulance! These kids are in trouble! Voices she heard...a few words >at best. But she knew there were two cars involved in the wreck. >Then wondered to herself if Dan was all right, And if the people in >the other car was alive. She awoke in the hospital to faces so sad. >"You've been in a wreck and it looks pretty bad." These voices >echoed inside her head, As they gently told her that Dan was dead. >They said "Jenny, we've done all we can do. But it looks as if we'll >lose you too." "But the people in the other car!?" Jenny cried. >"We're sorry, Jenny, they also died." Jenny prayed, "God, forgive me >for what I've done I only wanted to have just one night of fun." >"Tell those people's family, I've made their lives dim, And wish I >could return their families to them." "Tell Mom and Dad I'm sorry I >lied, And that it's my fault so many have died. Oh, nurse, won't you >please tell them that for me?" The nurse just stood there-she never >agreed. But took Jenny's hand with tears in her eyes. And a few >moments later Jenny died. A man asked the nurse, "Why didn't you do >your best To bid that girl her one last request?" She looked at the >man with eyes so sad. "Because the people in the other car were her >mom and dad." This story is sad and unpleasant but true, So young >people take heed, it could have been you.

1 Comments:

At Friday, November 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey huda,
well this is a very touching story, i hope that it will not happen to any of us,so i will also ask u to take care always and u'v got to know that i do care for you and love you,so plz take care of your self alwyas esp while driving ;) & God Bless You my dear friend.

yazan...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home